Welcome to this comprehensive guide on how to find lost airpods that are offline and dead by using your iPhone or Android device. Losing your AirPods can be frustrating, but with the right tools and steps, you can increase your chances of locating them. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process step by step, covering both iPhone and Android methods.
Locating Offline and Dead AirPods
When your AirPods are offline and out of battery, traditional methods like “Find My iPhone” won’t work. However, there are still ways to locate them. Here are some effective steps to follow:Following these steps can help you achieve success:
- Retrace Your Steps:
- The first and most obvious step is to retrace your steps to where you last used your AirPods. Check places like your home, office, or the gym. Sometimes, they might be lying in plain sight.
- Use Bluetooth:
- Even when your AirPods are dead, they can still be detected by other nearby Bluetooth devices. Open the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone or tablet and see if your AirPods appear in the list of available devices.
- Visit Lost and Found:
- If you’ve lost your AirPods in a public place, like a café or airport, check with their lost and found department. Sometimes, good Samaritans may have turned them in.
- Apple Support:
- Please contact Apple Support if all else fails. They may be able to help you locate your AirPods using advanced tracking methods.
Checking iOS Version and Enabling Find My
Before we delve into the methods, it’s crucial to ensure your iPhone is running the most recent version of iOS and that Find My is enabled. Find My is a crucial tool for locating lost AirPods, and having the latest iOS version is recommended. Use these easy steps to check your iOS version:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Select Software Update.
If an update is available, download and install it to ensure you have the latest features for finding your AirPods. Enabling Find My is equally important; here’s how:
1. Tap on your (name) at the top of the settings
2. Select Find My
3. Enabled Find My on your iPhone
4. Enabled Find My Network
Please note that you won’t be able to locate your lost AirPods if you haven’t previously enabled Find My on your iPhone. Enabling this feature is also useful for finding other Apple devices in the future.
These Are Following Methods-how to find lost airpods that are offline and dead
Using Find My to Locate Your AirPods on iPhone
Now that you’ve ensured your iPhone is up to date and Find My is enabled, let’s dive into the steps for using Find My to locate your AirPods:
1. Open the pre-installed Find My app.
2. Tap on Devices.
3. Select the name of your missing AirPods from the list.
4. Tap on Direction.
You can tap the direction button to be taken to the Maps app, where you’ll see the last known location of your AirPods. However, it’s important to note that AirPods lack cellular data and Wi-Fi, so they must rely on a connection with your other Apple devices.
Limitations of Find My for AirPods
AirPods use Bluetooth to connect to your other Apple devices that are connected to the internet. This means that tracking your AirPods is limited to the Bluetooth range of the device you’re using to track them. For older AirPods like the first or second generation, you may often see “No location found offline” or just the last known location on the screen.
Finding AirPods with Find My Network
Newer AirPods, such as the third generation or AirPods Pro, have an advantage. They can use the Find My network to send their location to Apple servers, allowing any Apple product with Find My enabled to help you locate them. However, this feature must be enabled before you lose your AirPods.
If your AirPods are not in their case, you’ll only see the location of one AirPod at a time. To find both, locate one pair first, put it in the charging case, close it, and then the other pair’s location will appear on the map.
Using Play Sound and Lost Mode
Within the Find My app, you have the option to play a sound on your AirPods. This can be helpful for locating them individually using the left and right buttons. Here’s how:
1. Click on the Play Sound button.
2. A chime sound will be emitted from your AirPods.
Repeat the process for both AirPods. If only the last known location is available, and the Play Sound feature isn’t working, it might be because your AirPods have no battery left or can’t connect to the internet. In such cases, there’s nothing you can do to find them.
For newer AirPods like the third generation or AirPods Pro, you can activate Lost Mode. This mode notifies you once the location of your AirPods becomes available and prevents other devices with different Apple IDs from pairing with your lost AirPods. You can also provide your contact details and a message for whoever finds your AirPods.
Tips for Older AirPods Models
It’s important to note that older AirPods models, below the third generation, do not have the Lost Mode feature. This means that anyone who picks up your lost AirPods can use them, and you might not be able to retrieve them.
Locating AirPods on Android with Wonderfind
For Android users, finding lost AirPods requires using a third-party app called Wonderfind. Since your AirPods are not associated with an Apple ID, you can’t use Find My. Follow these steps to use Wonderfind:
1. Download the Wonderfind app from the Google Play Store
2. Install the app on your Android device
3. After Opening the App Alow Location And Bluetooth and Tap On the name of AirPods
4. Locate Your Airpods By Playing Sound
Please note that Wonderfind can only work when your AirPods are charged and within the Bluetooth range of your Android device. The app relies on Bluetooth signal strength to locate your AirPods.
Useful Tips and Tricks
- Always Keep Them in the Case: When not in use, keep your AirPods in their charging case. This not only protects them from physical damage but also helps you keep track of them.
- Regularly Charge Your AirPods: Make it a habit to charge your AirPods regularly to avoid them running out of battery unexpectedly.
- Mark Your AirPods: Consider marking your AirPods with a unique identifier, like your name or contact information, so that if someone finds them, they can return them to you.
Pros and Cons of Various Methods
While each method has its advantages and disadvantages, here’s a quick overview:
|1. Retracing your steps is free and often effective.
|1. Retracing steps may not work if you’ve been to multiple places.
|2. Using Bluetooth is a quick and easy way to locate nearby AirPods.
|2. Bluetooth range is limited, so it may not work if your AirPods are far away.
|3. Sound detection apps can be a lifesaver if your AirPods are nearby.
|3. Sound detection apps may not work if your AirPods are completely out of battery.
|4. Apple Support has advanced tools for tracking.
|4. Apple Support may require some time and effort to assist you.
Losing your AirPods can be a frustrating experience, but with the right tools and knowledge, you can increase your chances of finding them. Whether you’re an iPhone or Android user, these methods can help you locate your misplaced AirPods. Remember to enable Find My on your Apple devices and consider upgrading to newer AirPods for added features like Lost Mode.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I track my AirPods if they are offline and out of battery?
A1: Yes, you can still try to locate them using methods like Bluetooth detection, sound detection apps, or contacting Apple Support.
Q2: How can I prevent my AirPods from getting lost in the first place?
A2: Always keep them in their charging case when not in use, regularly charge them, and consider marking them with your contact information.
Q3: Are there any third-party apps for finding lost AirPods?
A3: Yes, there are several third-party apps available for both Android and iOS devices that can help you locate your AirPods.
Q4: What if I can’t find my lost AirPods?
A4: If you can’t find your lost AirPods, you may be able to replace them through Apple. Apple offers a replacement program for lost AirPods, but you will have to pay a fee.
- Apple’s Official Support: https://support.apple.com/
- Find My AirPods App: https://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my/
You May Want tO Know: How to Find Hidden Photos on iPhone